Saturday, October 19, 2013

Celibate Girl (3)





Nicki sat on her bed in the middle of the night. It had been three hours and he hadn't text her back. She could feel her migraine coming back again and sighed. What had she done? There was absolutely no way he would follow her demands about firing half of his staff just because she wanted him to. She got up from her bed and went to the bathroom. Standing in front of the mirror, she stared at her reflection. Her eyes were noticeably strained from going over the work that she brought home to finish since she left the office before she could get everything done with the ad campaign.

She splash some cold water on her face relishing in the temporary relief it seemed to give her. She dried her face with a towel before reaching up into the medicine cabinet and grabbing the bottle of Advil she'd place there earlier. Taking out two more pills, she closed the bottle and returned it back to the space it had occupied before and closed the cabinet. Nicki walked toward her kitchen and opened the fridge grabbing a bottle of water. She popped the pills into her mouth and swallowed.

After taking the pills, Nicki plucked up the courage and text Drake back. No reply. She even called his phone but instead it went straight to his voice mail. She sighed and went back to bed as soon as the pills took effect.


The next couple days flew by, Nicki still hadn't heard from Drake at all. She came to the conclusion that he was avoiding her. Why? She didn't know for sure but he had to feel angry or frustrated with her. He didn't even send Fiona, his assistant, any new work for her. Nicki was tired of it all so she continued searching for a new job because this obviously wasn't going to work out for her. She had already had one interview but she wanted to keep searching just in case that one fell through.

An hour later, while finishing up some paperwork, she received a call on her cell phone. She quickly picked it up thinking that it just might be Drake. She was disappointed when it was from a number she didn't recognize. Nicki answered it anyway. It was from the job she had just finished interviewing for and they wanted her to start immediately. Fiona came rushing into her office just when she was going to accept the job offer.

"I'm sorry for barging in on you but it's very important" she said breathless. She looked a little flustered from what Nicki could tell.

Nicki gave her a confused "it better be" look before getting back to her conversation on the phone.

"I'm sorry, I'm going to have to call you right back"

After hanging up, Nicki looked at Fiona while tapping her pen on her desk. She arched an eyebrow up at her letting her know that she was waiting. Without hesitation, Fiona cut straight to the point.

"We have a mandatory meeting in the conference room right now"

"Fiona, that has nothing to do with me now. I just got offered a job at G.O.O.D Marketing and Advertising, so could you tell him I'm not coming. I might not be here for very long anyways"

Fiona gave her a blank stare before grabbing a hold of her hand and pulling her from behind her desk. Nicki was shocked by her actions. "Look I know it's  really awkward for you to be in the same room as him and his former flames but I think you need to put on your big girl panties and see what's going to on"

"With all due respect Fiona, I don't want to go!"

"I'm not asking you, I'm telling you! Now come on!" Fiona said ushering her out of her own office. Nicki didn't know why she was suddenly being so adamant about her going to this meeting but she took a deep cleansing breath and followed.



On the way, she bumped into Drake who was leaving his office with what looked like mountains of files in his hands. He had on a baby blue button down, with navy blue pants and a stripped tie.

"Onika"

"Mr. Graham" she greeted apprehensively. She hadn't seen much of him all week so it was kind of awkward. He looked like a new man and was very chipper considering that he was always looked stressed out and uptight. Given that it was still early in the day, she found his behavior quite odd.

When she reached the conference room, everyone was already sat down around the table conversing with each other. They all were wondering why this meeting was called out of the blue like this. Drake walked in a few minutes later with the same files in his hand that she saw him with just a moment ago. He cleared his throat and the noise level decreased significantly.


"Ok, I know you all are confused as to why I called this meeting so I'll cut right to the chase." He took off his jacket and laid it on a nearby empty seat before grabbing a pile of folders in his hands and walking around the room passing them out. "Please do not open these yet, wait until I give you the signal."

"Would you mind telling us what this is all about?" Elexa asked curiously.

"I will get to that in a minute" he said shooting her a glare. She scoffed and slumped back into her seat. Ryan, Chubbs and Hush all walked into the conference room at the same time. Nicki found that strange since they rarely came to any of the meetings. They were apart of the street campaign for OVO Merchandise, which meant that they did all the leg work outside of the actual business headquarters. "Now that we're all here, we can start." Drake made eye contact with everyone in the room besides Nicki. She was beginning to feel awkward just sitting there but Fiona gave her a reassuring smile. She couldn't help but to think that Fiona knew what was going on but wouldn't tell her. "I've been thinking a lot about my business lately thanks to a certain someone. And I find it quite crippling that this company has many issues with it's employees. Deadlines are being constantly pushed back and there are too many egos clashing and it's all because of me. I take full responsibility for the chaos I've caused within OVO Headquarters, which by the way is an extension of Graham Headquarters, in which my father built a long time ago so I can't have his brand suffering as well. Changes take effect immediately after this meeting." he paused taking a deep breath before continuing his speech.

"In your folders, you will find either a new role that you must take on or a letter of resignation that you must sign and return to Noah and leave this company's grounds because we no longer need your services. You all have a great day." With that he grabbed his jacket from the chair and left the room leaving everyone stunned and afraid to open the folders that he had placed in front of them.

Ryan and Hush opened theirs first and sighed. They only got more work to do so they got up from the table and left out the door. Elexa followed and opened her folder only to find out that she had a letter of resignation to sign. She angrily signed and handed her folder to Noah who had just walked into the conference room. He took her badge and she left. Everyone else followed suite and opened the folder containing their fate except Fiona and Nicki who still sat and looked around at all the girls he slept with hand in their letter of resignation and badges before leaving including Kyra.

"You did this didn't you?" she angrily asked. Nicki didn't even pay her any mind as she contemplated opening her folder. Kyra left cussing and throwing a temper tantrum as she handed in her letter and badge.

"You're not going to open yours?" Fiona asked Nicki.

"I'm scared" she admitted.

"Fine. I'll go first then you" Nicki just nodded her head. Fiona opened her folder and was relieved that she only got the paperwork for the designer which meant she had to be both Drake's assistant and designer since Kyra left. Nicki hesitantly opened her folder and found nothing. Not even a blank sheet of paper inside.

"What does this mean exactly?"

"You don't have to go nor do you have extra work. Lucky you. See I told you it would work" she whispered the last part under her breath before getting up. She patted Nicki's back before leaving out the conference room along with Noah. Nicki sat there a just stared. What did I just do?




One week later


Nicki sat at her desk, bouncing her leg. He still hadn't kept her late nor has he contacted her since that day she found out about his extracurricular activities with the women in his office. Was he mad at her? Avoiding her? She had no idea. The time was winding down for her to make a decision about whether or not she would continue working for him. Many things ran through her mind as she sat in her office. She couldn't even focus on the work ahead of her. 

Feeling defeated she picked up the receiver and called Fiona to her office. She needed some advice about this situation and the only person who's opinion she trusted was hers. Fiona had been married for several years and she needed to hear what she thought about the situation.

"You called?" Fiona asked as she stepped into her office and closed the door. 

"Yeah. Have a seat." 

Fiona did just that. She sat across from Nicki watching her. She hadn't said much. Her hands were clasped, elbows on the desk just staring at nothing in particular. She could tell that her friend hadn't gotten much sleep over the past couple days. What made it worse was that she looked drained, not from work but something else. She leaned forward and took one of her hands. 

"Tell me what's wrong?"

Nicki looked at Fiona with reddened eyes. 

"I'm so confused on what to do. He won't even text me or seem to want my presence around here anymore."

"Nicki he probably just feel embarrassed by you finding out all this about him. I'm sure he still wants you around otherwise he wouldn't have fired them for you."

"You don't think he regrets firing those girls causing his office to be short staffed for someone who he knows won't give into just anything and who's constantly giving him ultimatums?"

Fiona sighed. This was unlikely but it was possible. 

"I feel guilty for making him do it. And now he probably thinks I'm too demanding for him. Although I say that I'm not feeling him like that; truth is I am. I just say that to try and convince myself. There's something I find intriguing about him. He draws me in and have no idea why"

"Nicki I can't tell you what to do about this. You have to figure this one out on your own. Just follow your gut instinct. If you want to pack up and leave, then do it. If you want to take initiative and talk to him to see how he feels, then that's fine too. Just know I'll support you in whatever decision you make."

"Thanks FiFi"

"No problem. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have tons of work to finish given my new role as designer. I'm praying that I will be done in time to get my boys from school and my princess from daycare." She sighed. "Otherwise I'll have to call my husband to do it."

"I'm sorry I'm messing up your schedule"

"Oh no, don't you worry about that. I have it all under control. Besides I'm the one who suggested this to you, remember?"

Nicki smiled vaguely. "That you did."

Once Fiona left, Nicki sat and thought hard about what she wanted to do. One thing stuck out to her and that was that Drake had to like her enough to jeopardize his whole business for her. That has to mean something, right?

She checked her watch. It was almost break time. She had made up her mind. She wanted to stay and be with Drake no matter how messed up in the head he seemed. Over the few weeks she had gotten to know him, he was always sweet to her. Maybe he's just different around me. She got up and grabbed her wallet from her purse and shut down her computer.




Walking into his office, Nicki found herself second guessing her decision. A mountain of worry clouded her mind. It was too late turn back anyway. She made it to his office door and knocked. No answer. 

She took it upon herself to just walk in after the third try and found herself standing in an empty office. Drake was nowhere to be found. Nicki turned on her heel, deciding that she would go and ask Fiona if she knew where he was when he walked in. He was on the phone and had what appeared to be lunch in his hand.

"Um, dad I'll call you back" he said before hanging up and placing his phone in his pocket. He stared at her noticing her coral pencil skirt hugging all of her curves and a white blouse which was opened at the top showing her cleavage. He couldn't remember a time that she wore something that revealed any skin. Normally it was slacks and a long sleeved blouse. "Is something wrong?" He asked while walking to his desk and placing the food down before sitting.

"No. No. Nothing's wrong. Except for..." She trailed off not knowing how ask him how he felt about the whole situation. He sat back in his chair running his finger across his lips. She became distracted by this action. 

"Except for what?"he asked. She stood still and didn't answer. "Onika"

"Except for you avoiding me"

"You think I'm avoiding you?"

"Yes"

"That's because I am"

"Why?"

"You know why"

"No I don't! One minute you're keeping me here overtime and working me to death just to have me around and the next, you stop altogether. You don't even reply to my messages anymore so you tell me what I'm suppose to think!" She rubbed her temples before sitting down on the chaise in the corner of the room. She was frustrated and confused. Why won't he just tell me what's going on in his mind? 

Drake got up up and walked over to her, hands in his pocket. She stared at the floor refusing to look up at him. He placed a finger under her chin to lift her head so that he could look at her. Nicki's whole body stiffened from the contact. She stared at him with her bright brown eyes.

"You're leaving me aren't you?" He asked.

"No. I don't want to. But if you don't want me here I'm not going to stay"

"I never said I didn't want you here. You're one of my best employees. You told me to choose and I did."

"Then why are you avoiding me? Is it because you regret firing those girls?"

He stooped down so that he was face to face with her. "I found out about your new job offer and panicked, ok. I didn't want to loose you. Firing those girl had nothing to do with why I was avoiding you, ok? And I'm glad I did anyway. I don't want you walking around here on eggshells because they're in your face everyday. That's not what I want for you. Truth is I'm still a little embarrassed that you found out before I had a chance to tell you."

"Why?"

"Why, what?"

"Why did you feel the need to sleep with half of your staff?"

Drake sighed. He didn't want to talk about that right now but he could see that she really wanted to know. He sat next to her and held her hand. Nicki turned to face him awaiting his answer. "I was looking for something that I didn't have as a child and that was unconditional love from mom. I never really got to see her after she made me stay with my father. No birthdays or holidays were spent with her. Nothing. It was just me and my dad. He taught me all I knew and even gave me this business but I still was missing something and it was having her around as a child. Even though my dad loved me, he was always busy with work and I understood that. I just wished I had my mom around more so to compensate the love a rarely got, I looked for it at work since that was all I did day in and out. This still is not justifiable but that's the best explanation I can give you. I know it's wrong, believe me, but I am not going back to that habit" He stared in her eyes. "Does that answer you question?"

"Yeah"

"I'm glad"

"I have another question though"

"What is it?" he gave her a puzzled look.

"What are we?" she asked innocently. He found it cute how she just came out and asked that question.

"Whatever you want us to be" he replied smirking. He knew it was vague and she probably accept the answer but he liked pushing her buttons just a little bit.

"That's not an answer"

"I don't want to be too forward with you"

"And I'm asking you to, just this one time" His hazel eyes were a beautiful to her. She never understood why she hadn't notice them before. Drake ran his thumb across his bottom lip staring at her. Nicki had her dimples on full display and he just couldn't stop looking at them. She was staring right back at him. "Don't be shy" she warned. He didn't take another moment before his lips were on hers. They were so soft and full that he didn't want to let go so he didn't. He wanted to kiss her weeks ago when they had their very first date. Nicki parted her lips and he slipped his tongue inside her mouth. This was the first time that she had been kissed like this before. It quickly became very heated. Drake broke away after awhile taking in a deep breath and did she.

"Does that answer your question?"

"No" she smirked.

He furrowed his brow. She clearly was challenging him in his own office. "Nicki we're dating. You're my girlfriend and I don't care who likes it or not."

"That's the answer I was looking for" she said before leaning over and kissing him. It only got even more intense than the last one just a minute ago. Drake leaned over her as she was sprawled on the chaise. He took her hair out of it's ponytail. Ever since he saw her with her hair down on the date he liked the way she looked when her hair was out cascading over her shoulders.

"Wear your hair like this, it shows more of your beauty" he said breathlessly. "And I think we need to know each others limits because I want you to stay true to your vow on celibacy otherwise this won't work for long because I want you right now after what just happened here." Nicki nodded her head slowly agreeing with him while running her hands through her hair.

"I'm gonna do a couple things and you need to tell me if I'm going to far by saying a color. For instance, green means it's ok, yellow means I need to slow it down and be cautious and obviously red means I can't do that, got it?" He looked at her and she nodded. Drake untied his tie and slung it over the back of the chaise. He locked eyes with Nicki before beginning. "You ready?" he asked unsure. She had no words for him but nodded again.

He got up and locked the door before walking back over to her. Drake ran his hands over her soft legs starting from the bottom. His touch made her skin come alive with every movement he made. He kept eye contact with her the whole time.

"Green" she said gazing up at him. Drake smirked before straddling her. He began kissing her on the lips again.

"Green" she breathed after he broke the kiss. Drake then nibbled on her earlobe then onto her neck. She let out a faint moan. "Yellow"

Looking up at her he stopped. "That's one of your spots, isn't it?" he asked. She covered her face with her hands slightly embarrassed and blushing. This was by far the most action she had in years. He pulled her hands away from her face. "Hey, it's ok. This is just a learning experience for the both of us, ok?"

"Ok" Drake smiled. Her cheeks were becoming red. "Stop looking at me like that! You're making me nervous."

"Fine" He began again, kissing her shoulder.

"Green"

Drake moved lower and boldly kissed the top of her exposed chest. "Green" she yelled while he pecked is lightly. Drake for sure thought that she would say 'yellow' so he got another idea. He suckled one while gripping the other in his hand. "Yellow" she quickly bellowed. He laughed. This was more fun than he thought it would be. Nicki cocked her head to the side. "You did that on purpose didn't you?" she asked. He gazed at her from his current position.

"I'm not gonna lie, so yes"

"I can't stand you!"

"Oh but you will" he said while slipping his hand lower while she wasn't paying attention. He ran it over her ass and gripped it in his hands firmly before smacking it hard. Nicki yelped. He quickly placed a hand over her mouth as not to alert his other employees. After all, they were supposed to be working since lunch break was over now.

"Why would you do that?" she whispered after he removed his hand from over her mouth. "That was a yellow by the way"

He smirked at her. "This is really fun! Your expressions are priceless" Nicki rolled her eyes.

"Whatever just hurry up so I can get back to work"

"You're not. I want you to spend the rest of the day with me...in here...having fun" he smiled wide.

"What about my work?"

"It's the weekend Onika. Just take it home with you"

She flipped him over. "Ok. Now it's my turn" Drake gave her a puzzled look. What the hell is she doing he thought. "I'm going to guide your hands across my body and you tell me what your limits are, ok?"

"Ok"

"But there's a catch" Drake arched his eyebrows up at her.

"A catch. What type of catch?"

"You'll be blindfolded. I don't want you eyeing my goods until our wedding night" she paused holding up his tie that he had taken off earlier. "If we get that far" Drake's eyes blasted.

"Onika I don't know about this besides we haven't reached "red" for you yet"

"You'll have plenty of time to find my "red" spots but right now it's my turn to have some fun" Drake leaned back. He knew that this was going to get very interesting from here on out but it was something he welcomed wholeheartedly.

"Ok. You win. Let's get this over with"

Nicki blindfolded him and unbuttoned her blouse taking it off. She then climbed off him and made sure the door to his office was locked. After that, she pulled down her skirt and took off her heels, leaving her in her black bra and lace thongs to match along with her stockings. She glanced over at him.

"No peeking"

"I'm not! I think I might actually like this more than teasing you."

"Good. Cause here I come. Pauz!"




PLEASE COMMENT

6 comments:

  1. omg yes this is perfecttttt. please post again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I loved this. makes me wanna do red light green light when i get man. POST SOON!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Beggining of this post went way different then i thought it was to be honest. I didnt think he would be avoiding her or any of that. And wow he was more subtle firing them then i expected. But that proves he definitley likes her. Then ending of this post was cute. Him actually taking her celibacy into consideration was just cutee. Their some little freaks.
    This posst wasss PERF! Im sooo glad you posted!!!(: thanks so much! And good luck with everything you've got goin on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg i love this story plz add soon i wonder whats about to go down

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehehehe ''i'on want u eyeing my goods'' Nicki is something else.I'm glad he fired those broads,they were gona start shit with Nic,Loved this!

    ReplyDelete